Welcome to the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) information hub for offices that report to the Vice President for Student Affairs (SA). Too often, organizations make the misstep of measuring success and strategy decisions based largely on financial matters alone. A balanced scorecard is a strategic planning and performance management system that will help SA clearly communicate and track its vision, mission, and strategy of supporting students during their time at the U.
We support student well-being and success.
For students to discover their passion, people, and purpose.
- Belonging: We will always strive for students to bring their authentic self to campus, where they feel valued and connected.
- Care: We provide a holistic well-being approach so every student feels seen, valued, and heard.
- Integrity: We approach every situation with honesty and transparency to align our actions with our values.
- Lifelong Learning: We provide formal and informal learning opportunities to develop and improve knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
- Self-discovery: We believe acquiring insight into one’s own character, interests, and skills should be fostered in all aspects of student services.
- Student-centered: Students first in every decision.
Student Support and Advocacy
We offer caring and innovative services that facilitate holistic student wellness.
We engage in continuous improvement to optimize student success and maximize resources.
We foster varied opportunities for students to develop leadership and flourish through social and community connections.
We strive to provide transformative practices and programs that enhance access, representation, sense of belonging that is culturally aware and remove barriers to success for students and staff.
The Strategy Map is a communication tool that tells our story. The strategy map shows how we create value with our strategic objectives in a logical, cause-and-effect flow diagram across the four perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard.
For next steps, we are integrating the Balanced Scorecard in each Student Affairs department through a process called “cascading.” This is a three-step process that includes:
- Integrating the mission statement. This is where we take the Student Affairs mission and incorporate it into the department’s mission statement.
- Identifying how the department will address the objectives in the strategy.
- Developing department metrics to track progress on department goals.